Copyright © 2012 All Rights Reserved.
The Great Ashlee Buttons Drama
To download and print a pdf of information
and Ashlee button examples click here.
(You can enlarge each by using your track pad or clicking the + symbol.)
Click here to see Freddie Speights' NBS Ashlee article.
(1) National Button Society Official Classification and Competition Guidelines (Blue Book)
(2) The Dictionary Plus of Button Terms - Lula Opre - Publisher unknown (Circa 1967)
(3) An Epidemic of Ashlee Paranoia - Marion W. (Freddie) Speights - National Button Bulletin, May, 1989
(4) Ashlee Company - Sally Luscomb - Just Buttons, Jan-Feb, 1979
(5) The Ashlee Company - Sally Luscomb - Just Buttons, April, 1948
(6) A Quick Clouded & Controversial History of Ashlee Buttons - Don Lanier, Buttonbytes Jan 2012 - Bardon56@aol.com
(7) The Ashlee Buttons - Marion W. (Freddie) Speights - Texas State Button Bulletin, Spring, 1982
(8) The Ashlee Buttons: A Pandora's Chest that Became a Paradox - Marion W. (Freddie) Speights - National Button Bulletin, February, 1989
(9) Documented Nores on the First Educational Traveling Exhibit - Lillian Smith Albert - National Button Bulletin, July, 1962
(10) Ashlee Buttons - Sally Luscomb - Just Buttons, October, 1962
(11) The Collector's Encyclopedia of Buttons - Sally C. Luscomb - Schiffer Publishing, 2006
(12) The Big Book of Buttons - Elizabeth Hughes & Marion Lester - St. Johann Press, 2010
(13) Ashlee Buttons - Julie McCafferty - Illinois Bulletin, Fall-Winter, 2011
This educational project was proposed by Don and Barbara Lanier who collected and made available the reference materials cited above. Thanks also to Lou Yeargain who continues to collaborate on all of the Button Country educational projects. A special thanks to Joan Lindsay & Joy Journeay for their expert editing skills!